World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Consultations) Defender Region

+8
Arveyres
Shirouma
Ireland
Europe and Asia
Atletius
New Tarajan
Planitan Commonwealth
Great Eurussia
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Consultations) Defender Region - Page 2 Empty Re: (Consultations) Defender Region

Post  Ireland Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Shirouma wrote:I don't like this idea at all, other regions problems are not ours, if someone wants to liberate a region so be it, but don't bring whole WA into it, it's not our responsibillity.

That is precisely the point, there are some in the region who likes the idea. So we should just enact a guiding law and let them do their thing like us who just want to stay with role playing. It will help us grow and boost activities.
So like a side item to the region.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

(Consultations) Defender Region - Page 2 Empty Re: (Consultations) Defender Region

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Shirouma wrote:I don't like this idea at all, other regions problems are not ours, if someone wants to liberate a region so be it, but don't bring whole WA into it, it's not our responsibillity.

That is precisely the point, there are some in the region who likes the idea. So we should just enact a guiding law and let them do their thing like us who just want to stay with role playing. It will help us grow and boost activities.
So like a side item to the region.

Yes. Who knows one of us currently not interested with this makes up his mind later on and join the thing? What I'm saying is that it has been raised several times and I think its about time to give them a chance provided that they will follow the law we will set on liberating other regions.

It's a good strategy for the region to grow also.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 pm

I too personally prefer the opinion previously expressed by Ireland.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:07 pm

I understand the position expressed by Eurussia and Planita. And I can say it makes sense.
However, there are risks for the region as a whole, and, as Ireland pointed out, one of them is also to see the situation "going too much forward".
To avoid such a case, we should enact a very strict guidelines, use the Council to authorize every intervention, and also the Court of Justice to judge over violations.
Still, personally, I prefer to focus this Region on RP and improve it. But, if a reasonable number of countries here wish to participate to this initiative, then I ask them to provide for a draft of the guidelines as soon as possible.
Only one last note: it's commendable, Eurussia, that you see this as an occasion to grow. But what I worry about is: what kind of growth should we expect? I mean, with such a move it's more probable that the next ones who will join us will be far more interested in this initiative than in real Role-Play. We should try to attract more people interested in serious, correct and well-done RP.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

I speak as Secretary General of the regional organizations.
So, if you really want to become a "defender region", we already have regional armed forces ready to use.
For actions by land there are the Rapid Deployment Forces of the WAAF, for shares space there are the armies of the World Alliance Defence Space Agency (WASDA).
Obviously these organizations are structured for internal actions, and dovrano be adequately strengthened.
But, we are already one step ahead.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 pm

United States of Europe wrote:I speak as Secretary General of the regional organizations.
So, if you really want to become a "defender region", we already have regional armed forces ready to use.
For actions by land there are the Rapid Deployment Forces of the WAAF, for shares space there are the armies of the World Alliance Defence Space Agency (WASDA).
Obviously these organizations are structured for internal actions, and dovrano be adequately strengthened.
But, we are already one step ahead.

But this is OOC, Europa :-)
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 am

I am very against this for reasons similar to the ones Shirouma articulated. Announcing our presence as a defender region would NOT scare raiders off, but rather make it would seem like we're taunting them and inviting them to compete with us. I don't want to sound selfish, but the raiding/defending politics of NS isn't really our problem. We should just be an RP region. We've already been targeted once, so we shouldn't put a bigger target on our forehead.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 am

I am against this! World Alliance has always been a realistic region that cares for its own, not for other regions. Our main focus should be the betterment of regional RP and internal relations, not with defending other regions.

Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 am

Aloia wrote:I am very against this for reasons similar to the ones Shirouma articulated. Announcing our presence as a defender region would NOT scare raiders off, but rather make it would seem like we're taunting them and inviting them to compete with us. I don't want to sound selfish, but the raiding/defending politics of NS isn't really our problem. We should just be an RP region. We've already been targeted once, so we shouldn't put a bigger target on our forehead.

My thoughts exactly.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Aloia wrote:I am very against this for reasons similar to the ones Shirouma articulated. Announcing our presence as a defender region would NOT scare raiders off, but rather make it would seem like we're taunting them and inviting them to compete with us. I don't want to sound selfish, but the raiding/defending politics of NS isn't really our problem. We should just be an RP region. We've already been targeted once, so we shouldn't put a bigger target on our forehead.

Although I'm not against having the WA become a defender region, I am inclined to agree.
However, I am still not closing my doors if there are nations willing to become defenders.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Guys, lets just stay isolated from the whole defend/raid thing. It's not something the WA should get caught up in.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm

New-Zealand wrote:Guys, lets just stay isolated from the whole defend/raid thing. It's not something the WA should get caught up in.
exactly
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Although I'm not against having the WA become a defender region, I am inclined to agree.
However, I am still not closing my doors if there are nations willing to become defenders.

Let them defend on their own. Keep the whole region out of it.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:54 pm

yes exactly
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:43 pm

I agree with the most recent comments.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2