World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct

+4
Planitan Commonwealth
Federation of Antanares
New Tarajan
Great Eurussia
8 posters

Go down

(Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct Empty (Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:05 pm

The Eurussian Government, as a space power, and as a responsible member of the international community, believes that it is high time for the world to discuss the implementation of an international Outer Space Code of Conduct. If we were able to unanimously welcome the WA Territorial Waters Act in ensuring the conduct in international seas and airspace for the harmonious relationship among all nations, it is in our belief not impossible to work together to ensure the harmonious exploration in the outer space in which we are all affected even those incapable of having space missions.

Initial Points of Interests, (Still debatable or you may add more)
* No weapons of mass destruction and/or military weapons in outer space unless authorized by the WA Council.
* No weapons testing in the outer space.
* Moon shall be considered as a common heritage of mankind thus shall only be explored for peaceful purposes and any physical installation shall be authorized by the WA Council (or any internationally authorized body by law).
* No nation can declare the Moon or any of its portion as its sovereign territory.
* If any space object causes harm to Earth shall make its owner nation liable for damages.
* All activities in the outer space shall be subject to this law and be initiated or authorized only by a sovereign state's government, thus no private initiative will be allowed.
* Bans altering the environment of celestial bodies and requires that states must take measures to prevent accidental contamination
* Bans any state from claiming sovereignty over any territory of celestial bodies
* Any resource extraction shall be authorized by the WA Council and shall benefit mankind.

These are just initial, anyone can still add, besides this is just an official discussion.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct Empty Re: (Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct

Post  New Tarajan Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Although the intention behind this law is more than commendable, there are some problems.
Particularly, I am referring to the abolition of any kind of military activity: New Tarajan, together with many other powers, has already a space fleet, and we are managing also two military station, very important due also to their connection with out land-based system of defense. This law would completely destroy one of the achievements we are more proud of.
And also about private enterprises: the Copernicus Space Station, to make an example, which is now the core of the OSAP, has began its life as a substantially private project.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct Empty Re: (Consultations) Outer Space Code of Conduct

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Although the intention behind this law is more than commendable, there are some problems.
Particularly, I am referring to the abolition of any kind of military activity: New Tarajan, together with many other powers, has already a space fleet, and we are managing also two military station, very important due also to their connection with out land-based system of defense. This law would completely destroy one of the achievements we are more proud of.
And also about private enterprises: the Copernicus Space Station, to make an example, which is now the core of the OSAP, has began its life as a substantially private project.

I'm aware it will come up. But I am not referring to those unrealistic things. This proposal is intended for RP who is parallel to real world space technology.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Sorry for the intrusion, but I think the systems described by New Tarajan aren't really unrealistic. Expect for space fleets and colonies in world outside the Solar System, I think is realistic a grid of space defense, that have not, obviously, space cannons that shot everything, but a grid of satellites, coordinated by an orbital or moon base that help to recognize menace, enemy units and others danger. Also, the OSAP system was approved to be played in the Real-Time Roleplay, so must be considered.
Also, I'm here to suggest to open a discussion in the Parliament, because I think, seeing the importance of the topic, need the opinions of more people.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:Sorry for the intrusion, but I think the systems described by New Tarajan aren't really unrealistic. Expect for space fleets and colonies in world outside the Solar System, I think is realistic a grid of space defense, that have not, obviously, space cannons that shot everything, but a grid of satellites, coordinated by an orbital or moon base that help to recognize menace, enemy units and others danger. Also, the OSAP system was approved to be played in the Real-Time Roleplay, so must be considered.
Also, I'm here to suggest to open a discussion in the Parliament, because I think, seeing the importance of the topic, need the opinions of more people.

I agree with what Antanares said about the "unrealistic things". Many of the achievements of New Tarajan in space come already under the possibility to be Role-Played as Real-Time Technology. Such a law would seriously undermine one of the most advanced space programs of the Region.
Also, I agree that it would be possible to propose this law to the Parliament, instead of the Council.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am

Also getting permission of the Council will make it impossible to put weapons into space. For example, someone comes up and says, "Hello! I would like to put a weapon of mass destruction in space that I might use to kill you one day. What do you think?"
What do you think the answer will be? -_-
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:14 am

Spoiler:

You're not getting me. Space technology is a hard mix in our RP most especially an "elevator to space" and even "space fleets to space" when in real life they are not existing and not even planned anytime in the future.

Furthermore, I am just opening up this topic for the purpse of discussions only and this is not a proposal worth for a law. This might also finally draw the line between space realistic things and those too advanced space RP's to be absorbed by most nations who wish to keep into real life technology where permanent humans in space are not even a major program for most nations.

Outer Space Code of Conduct would mean focus on regulating activities in space in the context of today's world as anything happens out there will also affect everyone on Earth. I think I drew this idea from the OUTER SPACE TREATY and the MOON TREATY...
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:14 am

Planitan Union wrote:Also getting permission of the Council will make it impossible to put weapons into space. For example, someone comes up and says, "Hello! I would like to put a weapon of mass destruction in space that I might use to kill you one day. What do you think?"
What do you think the answer will be? -_-

Yeah. Absolutely.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:35 am

The People's republic is still mining Helium 3 on the moon. and we do not want to give up.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:59 am

Dromoda wrote:The People's republic is still mining Helium 3 on the moon. and we do not want to give up.

This is another problem lol I'm not sure if this is happening in real life but if it does, its war among world powers. I believe China has plans on this but US is wary of it I guess.

This goes back to the issue of realism in RP and not just in space conduct.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:03 am

What about the nations that already have claims to celestial bodies?

We have laid claim to several star and planetary systems, and have begun civilization (in FT, of course).

If this will affect our current claims, we are in OPPOSITION of this.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:22 am

Arveyres wrote:What about the nations that already have claims to celestial bodies?

We have laid claim to several star and planetary systems, and have begun civilization (in FT, of course).

As me as well AGAINST
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:11 am

Arveyres wrote:What about the nations that already have claims to celestial bodies?

You may keep it, I suppose, under the FUTURE TECHNOLOGY CATEGORY.

Eurussia has its own observatory in all planets in the Solar System :-)
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivania Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:22 am

Not in the council.

How would nations (like me) who refuse to acknowledge space RPs come under this law?
Ivania
Ivania
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 am

Ivania wrote:Not in the council.

How would nations (like me) who refuse to acknowledge space RPs come under this law?

This gets a lot more interesting more than I expected.

1) Nations that do Space RP that are Future Tech in nature.
2) Nations that do Space RP that are Real Time in nature.
3) Nations that do not recognize Future Tech Space RP.
4) Nations that do not recognize Real Time Space RP.
5) Nations that do not recognized Mixed Tech Space RP.

This will help us more in crafting a realistic RP and an Outer Space Code of Conduct.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

This will help us more in crafting a realistic RP and an Outer Space Code of Conduct.
So this is just what we can and can not do in outerspace
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

So this is just what we can and can not do in outerspace

No. This is how complicated when we do Space RP.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Yes, without doubts Space RP complicate the entire RP. But, it's necessary. I mean, space is the new frontier even now, in our real-life world.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:24 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Yes, without doubts Space RP complicate the entire RP. But, it's necessary. I mean, space is the new frontier even now, in our real-life world.

I agree. But we can never move forward with a good RP in a complicated space RP if we do not draw the line for those who want it, doesn't want it, eagerly want it, want's too advance and wants just enough. Really complicated lol
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:Yes, without doubts Space RP complicate the entire RP. But, it's necessary. I mean, space is the new frontier even now, in our real-life world.

I agree. But we can never move forward with a good RP in a complicated space RP if we do not draw the line for those who want it, doesn't want it, eagerly want it, want's too advance and wants just enough. Really complicated lol

Uhm...I believe we must think very carefully about it. But I believe also that, right now, there's quiet a good balance (even if a "customary" one, if we wish to call it so).
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down