World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAOC First Summit

+18
Planitan Commonwealth
Regornia
Talanzaar
Fascesia
Shirouma
Havenburgh
The Chernarusian ChKDZ
Zackalantis
Ireland
Ivania
Texania
Marquette (of Pacific)
Dromoda
Great Eurussia
New Tarajan
Federation of Antanares
Kaevi
Arveyres
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

WAOC First Summit - Page 4 Empty Re: WAOC First Summit

Post  Arveyres Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Arveyres wrote:
Ireland wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Spoiler:

Eurussia is not interested to spend time debating on the differences between a country, a nation, nor a sovereign state. Much more, we do not deal with terrorist organizations, like the Regornian terrorist group that is now wreaking havoc in Imabistan.
Yes,indeed. Im not going to let some nation take me over just so i can participate in the Olympics this is an act of self-defense. And plus this war is contained far from Arveyres.
Regardless of location, aggressor, defender, or reason, the nations that were listed are in obvious war. They will not be allowed to participate, and there is no debate.

So this means even if it is not our fault, and even our own people are being killed. We should just sit back and relax for us to join the WA Olympics? Is this really how the WA Olympic Committe interprets the international law??????
Yes, that is the meaning. If you are at war, there should be no thought of Olympics in your nation, it is not the correct time. Also, it would not be proper for participants from one warring country to go against those of another on the opposite side. This is a peaceful organization, there is no time for war and warring nations. You can not strain out this argument any further, if you wish to participate, be at peace.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

WAOC First Summit - Page 4 Empty Eurussian Objection

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Arveyres wrote:
Hence, we ask the WAOC, if our nations are attacked, what shall we do? Remain at peace and when our people are being killed for the sake of being able to participate in the WA Olympics? Is this what the WAOC wants?
If you're attacked and don't retaliate, you can participate. But if you engage in any type of harmful military conduct towards another nation or foreign peoples, you will not be allowed to participate, because nations can only participate if they are at peace.

Eurussia simply asks the WAOC, if a nation is attacked and its people got killed, should they simply sit back and relax for the sake of joining the WA Olympics? Is this really the spirit and true aim of the WA Olympic Committee Formulation Act?

Please cite the quote, because I do not remember writing that the WAOC is comprised of all nations. The WAOC changes with each games because the WAOC is comprised of participating nations. Furthermore, there were no objections to the suspensions of the named nations because they are in a state of military conflict in which they send their own troops in either a defensive or offensive manner, thus rendering them invalid to participate.

Again, this justification goes back to our bottomline question above. And we await the answer of the Chairman of the WAOC on that matter. And with regards to the law, allow us to show it to you for your own enlightenment.
Section I: International Composition

The WAOC will be comprised of one delegate from each participating nation of the respective games.

If this is the case, why was there was not vote called by the Committee? How can the Chair justifies that there was no objection when there was no vote called? In fact, no where in the international law explicitly say that the Chairman of the WAOC has the power to decide unilaterally on matters involving the entire WA Olympic Committee.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Eurussia simply asks the WAOC, if a nation is attacked and its people got killed, should they simply sit back and relax for the sake of joining the WA Olympics? Is this really the spirit and true aim of the WA Olympic Committee Formulation Act?
I make my point clear, and this is the last time I will say it: "If you want to participate, don't be at war. If you engage in violent military attacks to another person, that's it, you cannot participate. If you get attacked and retaliate, it's not the WAOC's fault, we didn't tell you to retaliate."

If this is the case, why was there was not vote called by the Committee? How can the Chair justifies that there was no objection when there was no vote called? In fact, no where in the international law explicitly say that the Chairman of the WAOC has the power to decide unilaterally on matters involving the entire WA Olympic Committee.
There is no vote on that matter, if your nation is at war you don't get a pass to participate.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

WAOC First Summit - Page 4 Empty Eurussian Objection

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Arveyres wrote:
I make my point clear, and this is the last time I will say it: "If you want to participate, don't be at war. If you engage in violent military attacks to another person, that's it, you cannot participate. If you get attacked and retaliate, it's not the WAOC's fault, we didn't tell you to retaliate."

Eurussia still objects to this absurd interpretation of the international law.

There is no vote on that matter, if your nation is at war you don't get a pass to participate.

If Eurussia, Ireland, and Articmainia, indeed violates the absurd 'nation at war' principles of the international law, then it is imperative that the WA Olympic Committee, composed of all the delegates of the participating nations, decide on the matter and not the Chairman alone, as there is no provision on the law, giving that sole power to the Chairman.
Are we correct?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
If Eurussia, Ireland, and Articmainia, indeed violates the absurd 'nation at war' principles of the international law, then it is imperative that the WA Olympic Committee, composed of all the delegates of the participating nations, decide on the matter and not the Chairman alone, as there is no provision on the law, giving that sole power to the Chairman.
Are we correct?
As I said, the decision cannot be made by the WAOC to keep a nation at war in the games. I did not decide on the matter, I simply enforced the rule.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Arveyres wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Are we correct?
As I said, the decision cannot be made by the WAOC to keep a nation at war in the games. I did not decide on the matter, I simply enforced the rule.

Eurussia requests the Chairman of the WA Olympic Committe to cite the provision from the WA Olympic Committee Formulation Act, empowering it to make the decisions on its own affecting the participation of several countries and millions of people without the consent, much more a vote, from the Olympic Committee.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:29 pm

If this is true then shouldnt the nations involved in Wave-Breaker be suspended?
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Indeed. Also, I didn't support Dromoda militarily, just via equipment.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Actually our forces are no involved in any military actions (I'm talking about all the countries involved in Wave Breaker). Our troops are simply stationing in Kennyland, so for the moment we believe there's no need for a suspension.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 pm

For Ireland, Texania, New Tarajan, please read:

Arveyres
Furthermore, there were no objections to the suspensions of the named nations because they are in a state of military conflict in which they send their own troops in either a defensive or offensive manner, thus rendering them invalid to participate.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:57 pm

We know very well, evidently better than Eurussia, the clauses of the WAOC.

For this reasons, our position is solid: our troops are not engaged in any kind of fight.
For the moment, it's simply a deployment of troops, a movement.
There's nothing more to say. And, in any case, it will be the WAOC to decide.
Thank you.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:06 am

Great Eurussia wrote:For Ireland, Texania, New Tarajan, please read:

Arveyres
Furthermore, there were no objections to the suspensions of the named nations because they are in a state of military conflict in which they send their own troops in either a defensive or offensive manner, thus rendering them invalid to participate.

Ahem, i did not send troops.

Texania wrote:Texania announces its support for Dromoda. 

With the kennyland situation flaring up, texania has announced it's support for Dromoda. It will supply Dromoda with supplies if war happens to flare up, and will grant amnesty to Dromodan officials if they ask for it. The Fiddiny canal will also be closed down to nations opposing Dromoda if war breaks out.

Does that say anything about sending troops?
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:04 am

A movement of troops is not war, support a nation is not war (the case of Texania) but, for what I remember use bombs, shoots against enemies and occupy cities is a war. Still, Magni Quas proclaimed the capitulation, so I think the entire problem is void, actually.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:15 am

Sorry for my over reaction but we respect you decision Arveyres.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Arveyres wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Are we correct?

Eurussia requests the Chairman of the WA Olympic Committe to cite the provision from the WA Olympic Committee Formulation Act, empowering it to make the decisions on its own affecting the participation of several countries and millions of people without the consent, much more a vote, from the Olympic Committee.

Response please?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

I think we need a new chairaman.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Ireland wrote:I think we need a new chairaman.

Eurussia concurs.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 pm

since new tarajan was the runner up for the upcoming games, does the games get transferred to him?
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Texania wrote:since new tarajan was the runner up for the upcoming games, does the games get transferred to him?

What runner up?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:02 am

NT was the other candidate...
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 am

New Tarajan wrote:NT was the other candidate...

Oh yeah no problem with that. But wr have to wait for Arveyres to confirm if his absence is permanent or not. Since we also need someone to take over leading the WAOC matters since this is important, in a sense.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 am

i say give him 24-48 hours to confirm
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 am

Ireland wrote:i say give him 24-48 hours to confirm

Agree. Do you want to take over?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:11 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

i say hand the title to New Tarajan. If he accepts of course.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 am

Ireland wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

i say hand the title to New Tarajan. If he accepts of course.

Indeed. Maybe he could ask Arveyres?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next