World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency

+7
DPRNK
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Muchos Estados Unidos
New Rhodinia
Kingdom of Ireland
Great Eurussia
Xolox
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty (Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency

Post  Xolox Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:38 pm

Xolox would like to open an international case concerning Eurussia's blatant disregard for the law. In the constitution, it says,"...the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly..." I must admit that I did resign from my post, which might convey that I am "unwilling", but the reason I resigned was because Eurussia refused to pass the Voting Resolution Act through executive order, which has since been done. I informed Eurussia that I was indeed willing to take over the position after the proposal's passage, which he replied by filling the position with Scouting(24+ hours later). I ask all nations that you look over the law and read over the circumstances and give me back the position that lawfully belongs to me.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:45 pm

Xolox wrote:Xolox would like to open an international case concerning Eurussia's blatant disregard for the law. In the constitution, it says,"...the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly..." I must admit that I did resign from my post, which might convey that I am "unwilling", but the reason I resigned was because Eurussia refused to pass the Voting Resolution Act through executive order, which has since been done. I informed Eurussia that I was indeed willing to take over the position after the proposal's passage, which he replied by filling the position with Scouting(24+ hours later). I ask all nations that you look over the law and read over the circumstances and give me back the position that lawfully belongs to me.

The Eurussian Government clarifies that it has no direct involvement on the complaint due to our high respect and regard to our ally, Xolox, except for the fact that Eurussia is the holder of the WASC Presidency and Foundership.

It is also our goodwill that Eurussia is compelled to stand in court due to the provision of the WASC Act,
On the other hand, if a nation state files a complaint against the WASC or any of its instrumentalities and any of their policies, the officiating nation state of the concerned international institution shall participate in the compulsory arbitration, acting in behalf of the concerned international institution.

Due to this, we will be pleased to officially elevate Xolox's complaint into an international case which shall be officially referred as "Xolox vs WASC Presidency." And for the sake of fairness and neutrality, Eurussia inhibits from presiding over the case and all concerned shall await for the deliberation of the Security Council on the possible presiding officer of the case.

So ordered.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty Re: (Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 pm

On request of Eurussia. We will preside.

Both parties will be given a fair amount of time to post their case. After I find that enough information has been put up we will release a verdict and ask the SC to vote on it.

The Empire of Great Eurussia has three days(3) to post a counter argument. However, for the speedy resolution of this case, both Parties may continue to exchange arguments with utmost respect to each other and for the Security Council.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty Re: (Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:29 am

I Have a question for Xolox. The WASC act says that the Delegate has a right to be the VP. But only if you are willing. Yet you resigned so that means you are no longer willing. But after a specific law was passed you wanted to come back. So I ask. How do you say your are legally obligated to do that?
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:54 am

I already addressed that. I was unwilling, but after the law passed and before a new VP was appointed, I let him know very well that I was willing and even explained that if didn't give me my position back, according to the law that he wrote, I would be taking him to court. How am I legally obligated to do that? In the document that I linked above, it says that the seat belongs to me as long as I'm willing. I am willing now and was willing before the position was filled. He knew that I was willing because he responded to the telegram I sent to inform him that I was.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:01 am

Do we need a new judge?
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:48 pm

No. Give me a few minutes.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Conclusion: On the 30th of January Xolox started an international case against Eurussia for “blatant disregard for the law.” The law in question is in the WASC Act what it says is “the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly” but only if they are willing. After Xolox resigned as VP, Scouting was appointed VP as is the requirement of the President via the WASC Act.

Recommendation: Seeing as the Loxan government resigned the position of vice presidency we recognize that as a resignation of willingness to maintain the position. Therefore, we recommend Scouting maintain the position as vice-president. We also see that Eurussia violated no law in appointing a new VP. Citing no change as the outcome of this lawsuit, the judge recommends the dismissal of the case between Xolox and the WASC Presidency. Thus, the Security Council may decide to re-open the case. Otherwise, the case will be considered resolved technically.

We call a public vote to order

Last edited by Empire of Russia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Xolox wrote:He violated the law by appointing a new VP while I was willing to be the VP. I have telegrams proving that I contacted him before he appointed Scouting as VP. Please read over the case and law before deciding yourself to be a capable judge. Also, it is more professional if you actually care to proof read official statements like this before you post them.

You resigned showing that you were no longer willing and Eurussia was only fulfilling his constitutional obligations. I read the law pertaining to this case and it wasn't violated. I interpret the law as it is written. I did proof read it. I kinda posted so ya know. And just because you didn't get the verdict you wanted does not give you the right to start insulting members of the SC. If you wanna talk about evidence then why didn't you post it all.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm

The case is over and no objection will be set in place.Please stop arguing the case.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:49 pm

No that is not the point. The point is the case is over. And you can no longer argue. I ask the the forum administrator delete all post made by Xolox after the verdict was posted.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:52 pm

That would certainly be in his favor. This is my case, I expect I have the right to argue in it. Are you honestly going to refuse to address my second post? It will win you more votes.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:58 pm

You want me to address it fine.

"1. I demanded that the voting act be passed by executive order;"
And that is why you resigned correct? To make a statement. Well usually when people do this they stay resigned.

2. I resigned because it wasn't ;
Again when people do this they usually stay resigned.

3. The law passed through executive order;
All these seem to be repeating the same thing.

4. I told Eurussia I was willing to to VP, negating the effect of event 2;
Your resignation showed you were no longer willing.

5. Days later Scouting is appointed VP.
All I am saying is that you are no longer willing.

That is all I will say on this matter.

Members of the SC are reminded that you have 2 days to post a vote.

In favor

Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Regardless of how efficient Scouting has been so far, the law does read:

Great Eurussia wrote:"... the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly, if willing, otherwise, by appointment of the President, by default."

The law never officially states whether or not the Delegate can request the Vice Presidency back if they become willing again. So by this apparent loophole in the WA Security Council Act, Xolox should have all the right in the world to hold the seat of Vice President as long as he is the WA Delegate.

New Rhodinia is in favor of Xolox.

Last edited by New Rhodinia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Empire of Russia wrote:You want me to address it fine.

"1. I demanded that the voting act be passed by executive order;"
And that is why you resigned correct? To make a statement. Well usually when people do this they stay resigned.

2. I resigned because it wasn't ;
Again when people do this they usually stay resigned.

3. The law passed through executive order;
All these seem to be repeating the same thing.

4. I told Eurussia I was willing to to VP, negating the effect of event 2;
Your resignation showed you were no longer willing.

5. Days later Scouting is appointed VP.
All I am saying is that you are no longer willing.

That is all I will say on this matter.

Members of the SC are reminded that you have 2 days to post a vote.

In favor

Why would I stay resigned to make a statement if what I was trying to accomplish was accomplished? An example would be Rosa Parks: if people had left her alone and she was allowed to sit in the front of the bus, do you think she would then decide that it's time to head to the back of the bus? And the word negating means that it takes away. So if me resigning tells Eurussia that I am unwilling, me telling him that I am actually willing will negate that effect, meaning that I would no longer be unwilling. Do you understand?
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:11 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Regardless of how efficient Scouting has been so far, the law does read:

Great Eurussia wrote:"... the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly, if willing, otherwise, by appointment of the President, by default."

The law never officially states whether or not the Delegate can request the Vice Presidency back if they become willing again. So by this apparent loophole in the WA Security Council Act, Xolox should have all the right in the world to hold the seat of Vice President as long as he is the WA Delegate.

Thank you for the support, but maybe you should change your vote and its color so it is not misread as you voting in favor of the recommendation, which is to maintain status quo.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Xolox wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:Regardless of how efficient Scouting has been so far, the law does read:

Thank you for the support, but maybe you should change your vote and its color so it is not misread as you voting in favor of the recommendation, which is to maintain status quo.

It's not support more then it being a fact and miscommunication on the part of the law, but it still holds up.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:13 pm

So are you against the verdict?
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Empire of Russia wrote:

So are you against the verdict?

I can't see how it's confusing to understand "New Rhodinia is in favor of Xolox". I'm just observing the law as it states, and it doesn't state enough to provide a concise reason to not let Xolox take the Vice Presidency back.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty Forum Moderation!

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Empire of Russia wrote:No that is not the point. The point is the case is over. And you can no longer argue. I ask the the forum administrator delete all post made by Xolox after the verdict was posted.

Noted.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty WA Presidency

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Empire of Russia wrote:Conclusion: On the 30th of January Xolox started an international case against Eurussia for “blatant disregard for the law.” The law in question is in the WASC Act what it says is “the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly” but only if they are willing. After Xolox resigned as VP, Scouting was appointed VP as is the requirement of the President via the WASC Act.

Recommendation: Seeing as the Loxan government resigned the position of vice presidency we recognize that as a resignation of willingness to maintain the position. Therefore, we recommend Scouting maintain the position as vice-president. We also see that Eurussia violated no law in appointing a new VP. Citing no change as the outcome of this lawsuit, the judge recommends the dismissal of the case between Xolox and the WASC Presidency. Thus, the Security Council may decide to re-open the case. Otherwise, the case will be considered resolved technically.

The WA Presidency respects the verdict.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:07 am

Xolox wrote:That would certainly be in his favor. This is my case, I expect I have the right to argue in it. Are you honestly going to refuse to address my second post? It will win you more votes.

Just stop and accept the verdict. favour!!!
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:30 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Empire of Russia wrote:Conclusion: On the 30th of January Xolox started an international case against Eurussia for “blatant disregard for the law.” The law in question is in the WASC Act what it says is “the position of the Vice President shall be handled by an official from the nation holding the Delegacy to the World Assembly” but only if they are willing. After Xolox resigned as VP, Scouting was appointed VP as is the requirement of the President via the WASC Act.

If this is a vote, it shall be nullified due to conflict of interest.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:12 am

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

We concur, a vote from the Presidency as the defendant shouldn't be in the final tally.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) Xolox vs WASC Presidency Empty WA Presidency

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:46 am

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

For clarification purposes, the WA Presidency (Eurussia) did not issued any vote.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next