World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

+7
Snarfian Federation
Serenarea
Shockwave
I.S.I.S
Togana
Kingdom of Ireland
UnitedStatesOfScouting
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty (Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:50 am

Following the original proposal for a Climate Change Conference by Scottlands, we have taken some items brought up by Scottlands into consideration and have made revisions deemed appropriate by the Scouting Government and WEPA President.

The First Annual Environmental Conference

The purpose of this proposal is to convene the World Alliance Security Council for the purposes of addressing environmental issues annually.

The World Alliance Security Council,

CONVINCED there are many environmental issues out there beyond simply the concern of climate change.

RECOGNIZING the discussion of these topics is a matter of International Security, thus deeming it worthy of discussion by the World Alliance Security Council.

RECOGNIZING each nation faces its own environmental challenges, as such each WASC member nation may be allowed to add one item to the agenda, any additional items will be approved by selection of the President upon request of the WASC member nations.

NOTING the passage of this proposal shall only grant the first conference to be convened. After such, each year this conference shall be re-convened based on a vote from the WASC to renew this resolution.

FURTHER NOTING upon renewal, the WASC may opt to renew for multiple years in a row as this first conference is simply a trial run.

URGES that this conference take place in Moscow at the World Alliance Security Council chambers for security measures and tradition.

BELIEVING this is a major step towards a more environmental friendly World Alliance.

Should this resolution pass, immediately following its passage, members may use this thread to post their requested agenda items for a period of seven days. Additionally, the conference shall convene on January 1, 2016 and last until January 7, 2016

This resolution is open for discussion for a period of three days.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty Re: (Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:57 am

I honestly have no qualms with this. It has good detail.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty Re: (Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

Post  Togana Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:57 am

Agreed
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:33 am

The Republic of Corinthos agrees, we should support this.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:58 am

Favor
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:39 am

In Favor
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 am

Serenarea is in Favor.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Snarfia is in Favor
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 am

Final voting is open for two days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:11 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Following the original proposal for a Climate Change Conference by Scottlands, we have taken some items brought up by Scottlands into consideration and have made revisions deemed appropriate by the Scouting Government and WEPA President.

The First Annual Environmental Conference

The purpose of this proposal is to convene the World Alliance Security Council for the purposes of addressing environmental issues annually.

The World Alliance Security Council,

CONVINCED there are many environmental issues out there beyond simply the concern of climate change.

RECOGNIZING the discussion of these topics is a matter of International Security, thus deeming it worthy of discussion by the World Alliance Security Council.

RECOGNIZING each nation faces its own environmental challenges, as such each WASC member nation may be allowed to add one item to the agenda, any additional items will be approved by selection of the President upon request of the WASC member nations.

NOTING the passage of this proposal shall only grant the first conference to be convened. After such, each year this conference shall be re-convened based on a vote from the WASC to renew this resolution.

FURTHER NOTING upon renewal, the WASC may opt to renew for multiple years in a row as this first conference is simply a trial run.

URGES that this conference take place in Moscow at the World Alliance Security Council chambers for security measures and tradition.

BELIEVING this is a major step towards a more environmental friendly World Alliance.

Should this resolution pass, immediately following its passage, members may use this thread to post their requested agenda items for a period of seven days. Additionally, the conference shall convene on January 1, 2016 and last until January 7, 2016

This resolution is open for discussion for a period of three days.

Eurussia is in favor.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 am

With none against or any abstentions, the "First Annual Environmental Conference" shall take place from January 1, 2016 - January 7th, 2016. WASC members, please identify your agenda item and any secondary items you wish to request for approval at this time. You have seven days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty First Agenda Item

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Scouting will add to the agenda: Demand for Great Eurussian Response in Power Plant proposal for the WEPA Environmental Territory
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:59 pm

The Republic of Corinthos would like to see steps agaonst illegal whaling and fishing. The Seas are often left out from the environmental programmes, and national regulations can not save international waters.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Corinthos wrote:The Republic of Corinthos would like to see steps against illegal whaling and fishing. The Seas are often left out from the environmental programmes, and national regulations can not save international waters.
I think this is a separate issue to be had ( maybe a separate thread); one that Togana will support none the less.

Togana puts forth a proposal, making it necessary for all WASC nations to publicize the total tonnes of CO2 put forth into the environment. Knowing this number will allow for treaties and reductions that can be agreed upon at future dates.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:07 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Scouting will add to the agenda: Demand for Great Eurussian Response in Power Plant proposal for the WEPA Environmental Territory

Eurussia rejects the proposal as any matter involving the WEPA should be reserved within WEPA itself. 
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Scouting will add to the agenda: Demand for Great Eurussian Response in Power Plant proposal for the WEPA Environmental Territory

Eurussia rejects the proposal as any matter involving the WEPA should be reserved within WEPA itself. 

You cannot reject this proposal. Each member nation is allowed to add an agenda item.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:43 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

You cannot reject this proposal. Each member nation is allowed to add an agenda item.

Eurussian opposition stands. We believe that any matter involving WEPA should be reserved within WEPA itself.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Eurussian opposition stands. We believe that any matter involving WEPA should be reserved within WEPA itself.

Then please address it in the WEPA thread, if you do so, we will rescind our agenda item.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 am

Rising seas
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:29 am

Muchos Estados Unidos wrote:Rising seas
Evidence to suggest?
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Following Great Eurussia's cooperation in responding to our request, we withdraw our original agenda item and in place add "Creating an Environmentally Sustainable World". This will entail recommendations to WASC members on common sense Environmental campaigns and legislation to bring back to their own nations.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:17 am

Promote nuclear power because it is efficient and clean.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:22 am

Agenda item submissions are now closed. Any further submissions will be accepted on a case by case basis. 24-48 hours before the start of the conference, I will post the finalized agenda here.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:04 am

Shockwave wrote:
Evidence to suggest?

I think he means rising sea levels. I also propose for this agenda to be added since my country is surrounded by waters.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:09 am

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Evidence to suggest?

I think he means rising sea levels. I also propose for this agenda to be added since my country is surrounded by waters.

Granted, as your country does not currently have an agenda item, your country may discuss this at the conference.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next