World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

+7
Snarfian Federation
Serenarea
Shockwave
I.S.I.S
Togana
Kingdom of Ireland
UnitedStatesOfScouting
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference - Page 3 Empty Re: (Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

Post  Corinthos Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 am

Togana wrote:With the President gone we should hold this topic open until he gets back. Also we should use this time to discuss the other issues brought forward.

Indeed. I say we continue to discuss the ideas that were already brought up.

The Republic of Corinthos supports the idea of the new car design. With governments supporting the new car industry in the beginning, we can achieve that not only the richest citizens can get these sort of cars. Alternatively, we could give government support depending on the income of the citizens, those with higher income get less, and those with lower incomes get more financial support to purchase these cars. These could come in the form of interest-free government loans aswell.

In Corinthos, there would be a great need for these cars, because currently, cars are banned except for the military, police, and government officials.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference - Page 3 Empty Re: (Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference

Post  Togana Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:29 am

Togana doesn't support the idea of these new cars. We feel that improving the current cars is the way to go. Already in Togana we mandate at least 28 MPG on all small economy cars, with most cars exceeding that. Now about a quarter of our nation lives in rural areas and drive larger vehicles that are suited better for rural conditions.

Now people who live in many of our large cities drive smaller cars. Most car being driven in cities are smaller cars that are relatively fuel efficient. Due to the recent advances in bio-fuel we are in the process to mandate a 50-50 blend of oil and ethanol. I just feel that im not willing to give up my large oil business and car companies. Together they employ up to 50,000 people in our nation.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 pm

I support for development of new and clean cars but it has to be funded privately and by government to reduce cost.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 am

Togana wrote:Togana doesn't support the idea of these new cars. We feel that improving the current cars is the way to go. Already in Togana we mandate at least 28 MPG on all small economy cars, with most cars exceeding that. Now about a quarter of our nation lives in rural areas and drive larger vehicles that are suited better for rural conditions.

Now people who live in many of our large cities drive smaller cars. Most car being driven in cities are smaller cars that are relatively fuel efficient. Due to the recent advances in bio-fuel we are in the process to mandate a 50-50 blend of oil and ethanol. I just feel that im not willing to give up my large oil business and car companies. Together they employ up to 50,000 people in our nation.

Sooner or later, we have to give up our oil businesses. How about a less sudden change, we just introduce electric cars to Togana, and make the change in such a rate that the economy of Togana will not suffer from it?
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Corinthos wrote:
Togana wrote:Togana doesn't support the idea of these new cars. We feel that improving the current cars is the way to go. Already in Togana we mandate at least 28 MPG on all small economy cars, with most cars exceeding that. Now about a quarter of our nation lives in rural areas and drive larger vehicles that are suited better for rural conditions.

Sooner or later, we have to give up our oil businesses. How about a less sudden change, we just introduce electric cars to Togana, and make the change in such a rate that the economy of Togana will not suffer from it?
Giving up our world oil production wont happen for many generations. Yes we agree we need to make better use of our world resources, we will never be able to independent of them. Our coal industry is the largest employer in our southern areas. This is why we wont give up our coal power stations. Instead we are building the most efficient and cleanest plants in the world. Also as said before we cant just give up our oil and vehicle industry as its just to big. If we can make the current type of vehicles double as efficient, possible in the next few years, we can dramatically cut back our CO2 production. I think every nation should take a similar approach to regulate as to cut back and prevent further pollution.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Togana wrote:Giving up our world oil production wont happen for many generations. Yes we agree we need to make better use of our world resources, we will never be able to independent of them. Our coal industry is the largest employer in our southern areas. This is why we wont give up our coal power stations. Instead we are  building the most efficient and cleanest plants in the world. Also as said before we cant just give up our oil and vehicle industry as its just to big. If we can make the current type of vehicles double as efficient, possible in the next few years, we can dramatically cut back our CO2 production. I think every nation should take a similar approach to regulate as to cut back and prevent further pollution.

Eurussia believes that the world must a adopt a binding and universally acceptable consensus on environmental protection through this summit.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:36 am

We must also make green energy more affordable. To switch the average house to solar energy it costs thousands and you just have to replace it in 10 years or so. So you're not saving money at all really.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:58 am

Kingdom of Ireland wrote:We must also make green energy more affordable. To switch the average house to solar energy it costs thousands and you just have to replace it in 10 years or so. So you're not saving money at all really.
Add in extreme and varying climates and you're really getting nowhere.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Approved - On-Going) First Annual Environmental Conference - Page 3 Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:43 pm

As a new Security Council has taken office, this Environmental Summit is officially closed.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3