World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

+7
Muchos Estados Unidos
I.S.I.S
Great Eurussia
Kingdom of Scottlands
Corinthos
Serenarea
Kingdom of Ireland
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Empty (Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:51 am

Greetings WASC Members!

I am bringing forth a very minor discussion topic. Originally when the WASC was founded the headquarters was and still is situated in Moscow, Great Eurussia. This is home to the founder of the region who was also traditionally the President of the WASC. I bring forth a couple of suggestions of which I ask you to discuss and make a decision on. Once a decision has come to a consensus, I will make a formal resolution for this matter should you opt to change the location of the WASC Headquarters.

1) The WASC Headquarters is located within the territory of the WASC President's country while the structure and grounds itself are still considered international territory.
2) The WASC Headquarters is located in international territory.
3) The WASC Headquarters will remain in the founder's territory while the structure and the grounds itself are still considered international territory.

--David Palmer

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Empty Re: (Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

Post  Shockwave Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

I was actually thinking of this at one point. I'd like to propose that we erect a new WASC head quarters within a neutral territory.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Empty Re: (Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:07 am

Shockwave wrote:I was actually thinking of this at one point. I'd like to propose that we erect a new WASC head quarters within a neutral territory.

I'm willing to adopt any of the three positions, although I'd prefer a chance in location.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:31 am

I like the 2nd option the best.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:31 am

So the general consensus thus far is to relocate the World Alliance Headquarters to an International Territory, where do you propose to do this?
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:27 am

I bring forth a motion to move the WASC to neutral location. While the old location worked it does bring a lot of questions of being in the middle of the largest nation. Nothing bad against EU but it should be a location far from tampering by everyone else. The location I propose is in the Chernarusia Sea on the WASC neutral territory of Mnemosyne.
(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Proposed%20WASC%20Site._zps4menhzui
I believe this location will be best as it is central in the map near the most amount of nations. On the island an airport, small seaport, and council location can be constructed. leaving the rest of the island as nature preserve.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:39 am

His Majesty supports this. It is time to move away from the hegemon EU so leaders visiting WASC will not be at the mercy of Eurussia. Prime Minister Alexander Blair was refused entry to Moscow when he wants to go there.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:29 am

Togana wrote:I bring forth a motion to move the WASC to neutral location. While the old location worked it does bring a lot of questions of being in the middle of the largest nation. Nothing bad against EU but it should be a location far from tampering by everyone else. The location I propose is in the Chernarusia Sea on the WASC neutral territory of Mnemosyne.
(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Proposed%20WASC%20Site._zps4menhzui
I believe this location will be best as it is central in the map near the most amount of nations. On the island an airport, small seaport, and council location can be constructed. leaving the rest of the island as nature preserve.

Not to be biased (as it is very close to my nation), but I do believe that's the best location. It's a very central location near many nations.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:02 pm

I support the second option aswell.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:27 pm

As well as I.

Also, it should be labeled whether or not this proposal is IC or OOC.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:39 am

Shockwave wrote:As well as I.

Also, it should be labeled whether or not this proposal is IC or OOC.

As the Headquarters is currently located in Great Eurussia in role-play, then it's an In-character proposal for sure.

The next thing we need to do is decide on a budget for the construction of the new Headquarters and the infrastructure on the new Island. If it were in the President's country, it would be up to his own country to fund the construction, but since it's purely in International Territory, it has to be up to the WASC now.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:03 pm

If we build new headquarters it should be open for all leaders of nation whoever that is. And that the headquarters should be obliged to be protected and defended by all nations.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:10 pm

I support option 3. I don't see the need to change the headquarters. If is fine were it is.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:If we build new headquarters it should be open for all leaders of nation whoever that is. And that the headquarters should be obliged to be protected and defended by all nations.

The WAPF will be in charge of security.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:50 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Greetings WASC Members!

I am bringing forth a very minor discussion topic. Originally when the WASC was founded the headquarters was and still is situated in Moscow, Great Eurussia. This is home to the founder of the region who was also traditionally the President of the WASC. I bring forth a couple of suggestions of which I ask you to discuss and make a decision on. Once a decision has come to a consensus, I will make a formal resolution for this matter should you opt to change the location of the WASC Headquarters.

1) The WASC Headquarters is located within the territory of the WASC President's country while the structure and grounds itself are still considered international territory.
2) The WASC Headquarters is located in international territory.
3) The WASC Headquarters will remain in the founder's territory while the structure and the grounds itself are still considered international territory.

--David Palmer

Eurussia welcomes such initiative and will respect the will of the international community. It remains a privilege and great honor for the Eurussian nation to host the seat of power of the world and we are pleased to continue to host the official headquarters of the World Alliance if it is the will of the international community. Furthermore, we are pleased to take the following positions on the above choices presented by the proponent.

Proposal 1 - Eurussia believes that it is impractical and logistically challenging to change the location of the seat of the Security Council every time a new Presidency is elected by the international community. On the other hand, there is no policy preventing any incumbent Presidency to conduct sessions of the Security Council within the premises of the concerned country and we believe that the headquarters only serves as the coordinating center of all activities of the Security Council.

Proposal 2 - Eurussia notes that such proposal has been raised before but eventually ignored by the international community as there was no pressing reason to do so. As it can be noted that the international community is satisfied by the way Eurussia hosts the seat of the Security Council. 

Also, please be reminded that under the existing WA Neutral Territories Act which gave birth to all the existing international neutral territories in every continent of the world, each Neutral Territory already hosts secondary and continental administrative offices of the Security Council and various international agencies created by the Security Council. This was enacted to make sure that every single continent of the world hosts a major office of the Security Council for administrative and other purposes so as to prevent jealousy from other member states from other continents.

Proposal 3 - Eurussia believes that such proposal is really unnecessary as it has been the case ever since. Eurussia, as the Founder, has been consistently honored and recognized by the international community as the most neutral country in the world aside from the fact of being the founding nation of the World Alliance. Eurussia has donated the buildings where various central international institutions of the world occupied their offices including the present Security Council and under Eurussian laws, the entire sprawling complex and various offices of the Security Council in Moscow enjoys diplomatic immunity and extraterritoriality thus allowing various diplomats and world leaders unrestricted access to the Security Council complex regardless of any nation's relations with Eurussia. We are proud to take into account that there was not even a single incident of diplomatic restriction against any individual of any foreign country that is a member state of the World Alliance throughout history even if a fellow member state is at the brink of war with Eurussia as we always stand and believe in the power of diplomacy.

On the other hand, Eurussia will abstain from voting on the proposal on the above mentioned grounds and as a matter of respect to the will of the international community. And if the changing of location will be authorized by the Security Council for whatevery compelling reason, Eurussia hopes that the Security Council will make and designate its current home, the Center of the World Alliance, that will serve as a research center, policy making institute, museum and depository of international archives, and a historical landmark for educational purposes of the people of the world.

But, if the Security Council finds no compelling reason to move the headquarters of the Security Council to another location, Eurussia will be honored to continue serving the international community as the host of seat of power of the Security Counci of the World Alliance.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:His Majesty supports this. It is time to move away from the hegemon EU so leaders visiting WASC will not be at the mercy of Eurussia. Prime Minister Alexander Blair was refused entry to Moscow when he wants to go there.

Eurussia condemns the baseless, immature, irresponsible and unfounded statements of the Scottish Government. There was never any incident of the Eurussia restricting access of any diplomat to the Security Council complex in Moscow. Besides, the Prime Minister and even the King of Scottlands is always welcome to visit the Security Council.

On the other hand, as much as we wish to avoid publicizing the matter out of respect to the government of Scottlands and prevent the further deterioration of our ties with Scottlands, Eurussia can confirm that we rejected any form of government-to-government meeting with the Scottish Government especially its Prime Minister and even its head of state, the King, due to their insistence on their illegal and unfounded and baseless claim towards the sovereign Duchy of Gibraltar. Thus, we can confirm that the Scottish Government and any of its representative is indeed not allowed to meet any representative of our government at the moment due to tensions. But such does not prevent the Scottish Government and any of its representative to do business in the Security Council.

And one evidence of that is our fellow Scottish diplomat present here in the Security Council that allowed their illegal and unfounded accusations to be heard by all which we believe backfired to them. By the way, welcome to Moscow, Eurussia, Your Excellency.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Following the Founder's input into this matter, I request each WASC member to reaffirm their position on this matter. I'm still in support of a new location and building within international territory.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:11 pm

There was never any problem with the HQ in Eurussia. So why change it now?
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Snarfian Federation wrote:There was never any problem with the HQ in Eurussia. So why change it now?

There hasn't been a problem with the HQ in Eurussia. The HQ was always there as Eurussia served as the President and Founder. This is no longer the case and we will have a rotation of Presidents in the future. I believe this warrants the HQ being moved to a neutral location.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Snarfian Federation wrote:There was never any problem with the HQ in Eurussia. So why change it now?

There hasn't been a problem with the HQ in Eurussia. The HQ was always there as Eurussia served as the President and Founder. This is no longer the case and we will have a rotation of Presidents in the future. I believe this warrants the HQ being moved to a neutral location.

If you just want to host because you are the President why not just invite the leaders of WASC in your country instead of changing the headquarters everytime a new president is there? I see no problem with Eurussia and if all neutral territory of all continents already have WASC offices why build another one? I am against this proposal because I see no reason.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I.S.I.S wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:

If you just want to host because you are the President why not just invite the leaders of WASC in your country instead of changing the headquarters everytime a new president is there? I see no problem with Eurussia and if all neutral territory of all continents already have WASC offices why build another one? I am against this proposal because I see no reason.

If you took the time to read through the thread to figure out which proposal we are moving forward with, you would realize we are moving forward with placing a new HQ in a neutral territory. The purpose of this proposal is to provide an international territory. Great Eurussia is the founder of the region and President for a long time. Finally elections were opened up to everyone. I feel it's time for a change of venue as Great Eurussia is no longer the President. Thank You for letting me know I can host a session -It's not like I did not know this already...- If your only reason to not vote in favor of this is because, "There's no reason", you are severely mistaken. Is this change of venue required? No. Is it nice? Yes. We're entering a new age here in the WASC and I want to set a new precedent.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 pm

I am against because I see no problem. Even if Eurussia is not the President, he is the founder. And you propose to have a new headquarters in international territory in Mnemosyn? We all know that there is already a sub office there of the WASC as said by Eurussia just like in many continents.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:47 pm

I am in Favor of a move to a neutral territory.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:56 am

No.
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:58 am

Favor
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next