World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

+7
Muchos Estados Unidos
I.S.I.S
Great Eurussia
Kingdom of Scottlands
Corinthos
Serenarea
Kingdom of Ireland
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters - Page 2 Empty Re: (Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:03 am

For those of you in support of this motion, I thank you for your continued support. We still need to establish where the funds will come from to build the new location before we draft up the proposal.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters - Page 2 Empty Re: (Discussion - Closed) WASC Headquarters

Post  Shockwave Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:23 am

I.S.I.S wrote:I am against because I see no problem. Even if Eurussia is not the President, he is the founder. And you propose to have a new headquarters in international territory in Mnemosyn? We all know that there is already a sub office there of the WASC as said by Eurussia just like in many continents.
Regardless. The way Great Eurussia has set up this region is such that the founder position of the region has no legitimate power.

If you were to think about it, you'd essentially be convening in any normal country.

On a similar note, if we were to trade locations between president seat holding nations, we'd be out of a lot money also observing the fact that countries may spent millions trying to maintain their former WASC structure with the hopes of winning the presidency once more.

One, neutral location; is the most convenient, safe, and cost effective choice I've heard.

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:We still need to establish where the funds will come from to build the new location before we draft up the proposal.

Shockwave is willing to invest 250 billion into a new location.

Great Eurussia wrote:
Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:His Majesty supports this. It is time to move away from the hegemon EU so leaders visiting WASC will not be at the mercy of Eurussia. Prime Minister Alexander Blair was refused entry to Moscow when he wants to go there.

Eurussia condemns the baseless, immature, irresponsible and unfounded statements of the Scottish Government. There was never any incident of the Eurussia restricting access of any diplomat to the Security Council complex in Moscow. Besides, the Prime Minister and even the King of Scottlands is always welcome to visit the Security Council.
On the other hand, as much as we wish to avoid publicizing the matter out of respect to the government of Scottlands and prevent the further deterioration of our ties with Scottlands, Eurussia can confirm that we rejected any form of government-to-government meeting with the Scottish Government especially its Prime Minister and even its head of state, the King, due to their insistence on their illegal and unfounded and baseless claim towards the sovereign Duchy of Gibraltar. Thus, we can confirm that the Scottish Government and any of its representative is indeed not allowed to meet any representative of our government at the moment due to tensions. But such does not prevent the Scottish Government and any of its representative to do business in the Security Council.
And one evidence of that is our fellow Scottish diplomat present here in the Security Council that allowed their illegal and unfounded accusations to be heard by all which we believe backfired to them. By the way, welcome to Moscow, Eurussia, Your Excellency.

I must insist that this conversation not detract from the current topic at had and therefore either diverge onto another more suitable thread or cease all together.

Snarfian Federation wrote:There was never any problem with the HQ in Eurussia. So why change it now?

Changing times.

I.S.I.S wrote:
If you just want to host because you are the President why not just invite the leaders of WASC in your country instead of changing the headquarters everytime a new president is there? I see no problem with Eurussia and if all neutral territory of all continents already have WASC offices why build another one? I am against this proposal because I see no reason.

A waste of resources nonetheless.

A main, neutral, and safe international location is a much wiser choice.

There is reason to everything.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Togana is willing to put 700 million to a new location.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:36 pm

With Shockwave's generous donation of 250 Billion Dollars and Togana's donation of 700 Million Dollars, this should be more than sufficient to build a new Headquarters on the Neutral Island of Mnemosyne. Gentlemen of the Security Council, we've given you reasoning behind the move, a plan for security, and a solid plan for funding. This should be no reason to object to this proposal anymore. As such, I will begin drafting up the official proposal. If anyone has concerns to address in the meantime, please do so here until the official proposal is up.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Snarfia is against the proposal.
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Snarfian Federation wrote:Snarfia is against the proposal.

What are your concerns?
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:27 am

The Irish Government states it support for this proposal. We also will be willing to provide security for the WASC if the Council so wishes.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:33 am

United States of Ireland wrote:The Irish Government states it support for this proposal. We also will be willing to provide security for the WASC if the Council so wishes.

Thank You for your support. The proposal should be up by this evening when I get back to my office. (7-12 hours from now)
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:06 am

The Republic of Corinthos further supports this idea. This is a step in the right direction, no matter how small or big it is.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:05 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With Shockwave's generous donation of 250 Billion Dollars and Togana's donation of 700 Million Dollars, this should be more than sufficient to build a new Headquarters on the Neutral Island of Mnemosyne. Gentlemen of the Security Council, we've given you reasoning behind the move, a plan for security, and a solid plan for funding. This should be no reason to object to this proposal anymore. As such, I will begin drafting up the official proposal. If anyone has concerns to address in the meantime, please do so here until the official proposal is up.

Why would you put it in the continent of Mnemosyn? It will be unfair to other continents. This does not make sense so I am still against this. Waste of money.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:20 am

I.S.I.S wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With Shockwave's generous donation of 250 Billion Dollars and Togana's donation of 700 Million Dollars, this should be more than sufficient to build a new Headquarters on the Neutral Island of Mnemosyne. Gentlemen of the Security Council, we've given you reasoning behind the move, a plan for security, and a solid plan for funding. This should be no reason to object to this proposal anymore. As such, I will begin drafting up the official proposal. If anyone has concerns to address in the meantime, please do so here until the official proposal is up.

Why would you put it in the continent of Mnemosyn? It will be unfair to other continents. This does not make sense so I am still against this. Waste of money.
As previously explained, the neutral territory of Mnemosyne is a central location to the entire region. It's just slightly south of Great Eurussia where our current headquarters Is located. Have you taken the time to review the map? As for the funds, Shockwave and Togana are providing them, therefore no additional funds will be required to be allocated to the construction of the new headquarters. I do not understand where your explanation of this being a waste of money comes in at.

UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:27 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:

As previously explained, the neutral territory of Mnemosyne is a central location to the entire region. It's just slightly south of Great Eurussia where our current headquarters Is located. Have you taken the time to review the map? As for the funds, Shockwave and Togana are providing them, therefore no additional funds will be required to be allocated to the construction of the new headquarters. I do not understand where your explanation of this being a waste of money comes in at.

This is the point a waste of money. there are already headquarters of WASC in all neutral territory in all continent and why build another one in Mnemosyne? You said it is near Eurussia then why move it away from its present location when it is just near the same?
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:29 am

I.S.I.S wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:

This is the point a waste of money. there are already headquarters of WASC in all neutral territory in all continent and why build another one in Mnemosyne? You said it is near Eurussia then why move it away from its present location when it is just near the same?

If you look at it, Eurussia is at the center of the map in the first place. He is the founder and the headquarters have been there ever since. So why move it?
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:36 am

I.S.I.S wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:

If you look at it, Eurussia is at the center of the map in the first place. He is the founder and the headquarters have been there ever since. So why move it?

Please Review: https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t559-passed-wa-neutral-territories-act

There is no mention of WASC Headquarters in each neutral territory, please fact check next time before you make such claims.

The current headquarters is in Eurussian sovereign territory. Great Eurussia is the founder of the region and was the President for a long time until the revolutionary election law. As Great Eurussia holds a honorary position in the WASC, I feel it's appropriate to build a new headquarters in a natural location. The location selected is central to the region and is not within anyone's sovereign territory. The land is also already allocated to the WASC for our using anyway.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am

It clearly says " these neutral territories shall exclusively be used and be developed to support the missions of the international organizations of the WA Government"
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:40 am

I.S.I.S wrote:It clearly says " these neutral territories shall exclusively be used and be developed to support the missions of the international organizations of the WA Government"

And this includes the WASC because it is the government of the region. It's just common sense.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:42 am

You clearly stated, "there are already headquarters of WASC in all neutral territory in all continent"

This is a false statement.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:44 am

I.S.I.S wrote:

I don't think Mnemosyne is in the central location of the region. I move that the headquarters be moved to our continent in Polynesia because it is the most peaceful of all. I mean we should have proper reasons why we choose a place and not just because it is the center of the region.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 am

You clearly stated, "there are already headquarters of WASC in all neutral territory in all continent"

Headquarters or not or WASC offices if you want to call it, all WASC offices in all neutral territories still serve the same purpose.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:47 am

I request the new headquarters be moved to Polynesia Neutral Land. Until such time, I think I should vote no for now.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:49 am

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:

I don't think Mnemosyne is in the central location of the region. I move that the headquarters be moved to our continent in Polynesia because it is the most peaceful of all. I mean we should have proper reasons why we choose a place and not just because it is the center of the region.

Thank You for your feedback. We selected Mnemosyne is because it's at the heart of our region. This classically represents peace, stability, and community. We all come together at the center of our Region to resolve international issues. I appreciate you recognizing our territory as the most peaceful, however this is a non-factor as violence is strictly prohibited in neutral territories.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:51 am

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:
I.S.I.S wrote:

Thank You for your feedback. We selected Mnemosyne is because it's at the heart of our region. This classically represents peace, stability, and community. We all come together at the center of our Region to resolve international issues. I appreciate you recognizing our territory as the most peaceful, however this is a non-factor as violence is strictly prohibited in neutral territories.

I will go instead on declaring the heaquarters of WASC in Moscow as an international territory.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:51 am

I.S.I.S wrote:

Headquarters or not or WASC offices if you want to call it, all WASC offices in all neutral territories still serve the same purpose.

There are currently no offices established in the neutral territories. The law I referenced simply allocates each neutral territory for development by the WASC, and since the law had passed, we have yet to do anything with the neutral territories aside from establishing them.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 am

I.S.I.S wrote:

There are currently no offices established in the neutral territories. The law I referenced simply allocates each neutral territory for development by the WASC, and since the law had passed, we have yet to do anything with the neutral territories aside from establishing them.

It has been included in the debates when the proposal is discussed to establish the neutral territories. Even if it is included in the words of the law I don't even think the WASC is stupid enough not to build offices in these lands ever since the law has passed and just leave them as open lands with nothing on them. I mean pure common sense.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:03 am

I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next